The Professionals Advisory Council maintains a dialog between practicing architects, allied design professionals, and the Department of Architecture at the UW. This dialog informs the profession about departmental concerns and larger academic issues. In turn, faculty gains greater awareness of marketplace realities and trends. Through participation in the council,members enjoy opportunities for growth while supporting the UW Department of Architecture.
- To provide feedback about the evolving realities of practice to the Department of Architecture.
- To act as a liaison between the Department of Architecture and the community of architectural practitioners.
- To act as a liaison between the Department of Architecture and other professionals’ advisory groups in the College of Built Environments.
- To provide recommendations and support for aspects of the department’s programs that build the professional merit of its graduates.
- To help students in the department better understand the professional practice of architecture and associated career paths.
- To help develop and maintain transitional programs, such as internships, that will assist graduates in developing their careers.
- To support continuing education for practicing architects in diverse career paths.
- To help the department access resources from the professional community for the benefit of its students.
For more information, please visit http://arch.be.washington.edu/school/prof-advisory-council